About Me

My photo
Ben D. Bacon is a photographer/writer in the South Florida area who does portfolios, landscape, architectural, and event photography.

About this blog

Welcome, My name is Ben Bacon. On this blog I will be showcasing my photography of south Florida and the world. I'll also be reviewing and commenting on all things photographic.Please feel free to comment and I'll try to keep it as interesting as possible.And remember it's another day in paradise.
Note: All images are available as high quality prints up to 24x36 in.

Friday, April 27, 2012

How to take beautiful images of the moon

Since the beginning of time, through myth and legend, science, fact and fiction, poetry and dreams, mankind has been fascinated by the moon.

Many people think they need an expensive telescope/camera set-up to get great close ups of the moon, not true.
 With todays high zoom digital cameras, a clear night, and a tripod, you can get exceptional images of that mystifying orb above us.

Here are some examples:


Rocket moon I took this one from my back yard and when i reviewed it on my computer, I was amazed at the way the clouds looked as if the moon was passing through them. Sheer luck but cool.

 Setting your camera to black and white or sepia brings out amazing details.











I think moon shots are much more interesting with some foreground in the image as in the following shots:













I hope you've enjoyed these few moon shots as much as I enjoyed capturing them.
Until the next time, look around, there's beauty everywhere, and keep shooting.

No comments:

Post a Comment