About Me

My photo
Ben D. Bacon is a photographer/writer in the South Florida area who does portfolios, landscape, architectural, and event photography.

About this blog

Welcome, My name is Ben Bacon. On this blog I will be showcasing my photography of south Florida and the world. I'll also be reviewing and commenting on all things photographic.Please feel free to comment and I'll try to keep it as interesting as possible.And remember it's another day in paradise.
Note: All images are available as high quality prints up to 24x36 in.

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Creating Striking Black And White Images By Selectively Replacing Color

 Here is a picture of the beautiful Anita Hayes that I transformed into a black and white with a few extras.


Here's how it's done:


Open the image in photoshop then add a hue saturation adjustment layer
Slide the saturation all the way to the left. Note: You can also adjust the lightness darkness to suit your taste.
Choose the brush tool making sure that both the brush tool and the foreground color are set to black.This will allow
the original colors of the image to come back.
Brush in the areas you want the original color to come back. Note: You can adjust the size of the brush using the bracket [] keys on your keyboard.

Here are some other examples:

Chrissy with a grunge background and with selective coloring.

These are from my red hat series for Sweenys


Evelyn

Omara Vasquez


Until the next time, have fun and keep shooting.






No comments:

Post a Comment